• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfering pictures to computer

melias31

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
I am trying to transfer my pictures from my Nexus to my windows computer. I've have tried with both my Wife's phone and mine and every time it freezes up Picasa. I have tried on a windows 7 laptop and a windows xp desktop and it does the same things each time it can't open the files on the phone and it freezes and closes the program. It installed drivers for both the MTP and the PTP options and still nothing. I haven't had problems with a droid, droid 2 or Droid eris. not sure why the new Nexus would be such a problem. Anyone else having problems with this?

I don't think wifi is the answer simply because if you're transferring large files or a large number of files wifi can take forever.I use wifi transfers too but not for the things I mentioned above, when I do use wifi I use ES file explorer.

As to your problem, others have experienced the same issues, I don't think anyone has a resolution yet.
Some said using a different cable, especially the one that came with the nexus works.

Upvote 0
I don't think wifi is the answer simply because if you're transferring large files or a large number of files wifi can take forever.I use wifi transfers too but not for the things I mentioned above, when I do use wifi I use ES file explorer.

As to your problem, others have experienced the same issues, I don't think anyone has a resolution yet.
Some said using a different cable, especially the one that came with the nexus works.

Times are really not terrible. I transferred a 2 gb movie today, and it only took 5 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones