• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

transfering to another phone?

qandres12

Android Expert
Jun 29, 2012
can someone tell me exactly what you have to do when you want to change your service on one phone to the another. i know we have to call *228 but thats about it. i know that over the phone i can do it for free and if i went to some metro store they would charge me for it so id rather do it myself for free. pretty soon im going to get my girlfriend a new phone, she''ll be going from the Admire to the Motion so thats a pretty nice upgrade. lol ill be stuck with the Admire i have.

can someone tell me exactly what you have to do when you want to change your service on one phone to the another. i know we have to call *228 but thats about it. i know that over the phone i can do it for free and if i went to some metro store they would charge me for it so id rather do it myself for free. pretty soon im going to get my girlfriend a new phone, she''ll be going from the Admire to the Motion so thats a pretty nice upgrade. lol ill be stuck with the Admire i have.

Just say transfer my service. Or ask for a real live person and ask to transfer your service. They should ask you for the numbers on the SIM card that comes with the Motion. Make sure they get that number. Along the way, they may ask to call you on another number so you can dial ##626* on the Motion, give you your SPC and then you'll enter your phone number then the MIN number then some other stuff then let the phone reboot and bam service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones