• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfering WiFi data

MatthewB98

Lurker
Jun 18, 2016
Hey guys,

I recently got the Galaxy S7 Edge, but hereby I lost my stored WiFi passwords. I looked around a couple of forums, but none of them seemed to have a viable option.

My previous phone where the WiFi passwords are stored is an OnePlus One.

Does anyone know how to transfer the passwords to my new phone without having to root the device?

When you install an old google account on a new phone, most things are synced, but not wifi passwords, phone logs, sms history. As far as I know you cannot see or copy the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file (which is where the data is normally stored) without having root access.

Its not really a good enough reason, on its own, to root a device - better to just ask for the passwords again when you need them (and make a note of them somewhere as you type them in!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones