1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transferred Files Not Showing Up On Samsung Galaxy

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by hmunster1234, Jan 10, 2016.

1. hmunster1234

hmunster1234 Lurker

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, old but it has worked fine for a few years. When I transfer music files to the phone they don't show up unless I go to "media storage" and clear data. Unfortunately when I do this it also wipes out photos in my gallery. I can see everything in the "my files" folder but they music is not showing up in Slacker music player unless I "clear data" as stated above. I tried a new SD card and pasted the old music files back in but still having probelms. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Interesting,

I own and keep in working order, a Galaxy S Fascinate (Verizon).
    It is a good phone within its' memory limits and speeds for the era.

I never tried to put files back on it, although I know you can. I'm sorry, but I no longer remember the folders where things used to live. and I never, ever, listen to mp3 stuff...

sorry.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It seems that your phone isn't automatically refreshing media data. I have a Galaxy S to and it does a media storage refresh after every disconnection to a PC. Something may have gotten corrupted. You may need to do a factory reset.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Are you certain the new SD is OK, and not a duff or fake? There's a lot of them around, especially if you bought it cheap online. SD Insight should tell if it's good or not.