1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transferring all media (and some other) files to external SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by AussieGuy, Mar 25, 2016.

1. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    I know this is a question which has been asked a million times before, but my attempts so far have been less than successful. According to my storage info, I have 705Mb of images and 7.26Gb of apps (which I presume includes data) on my internal card. And I'm trying to find a way of moving as much as I can to my external card. I'm not quite sure why apps should come in at 7.26Gb - that seems absurdly high. I have no games at all, aside from one solitaire. And some of my apps are already on the external card.

I have an HTC One M8 running Android 6.0, version 6.12.710.4.

I don't want to root my phone (I've had troubles with root on other systems, and given the importance of having a working phone in my life, I'm not prepared to compromise its usefulness.) I use Linux rather than windows. I've been experimenting with AirDroid, but I'm not sure it's the answer to my question.

Anyway... I'd be delighted of some expert advice - how do I trim down that 7.26Gb of apps on my internal card, and how do I transfer all data (media, ebooks etc) files?

Thanks,
    -A.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Have you searched for "file explorer" at the playstore? Most any of these will let you transfer any files to the external SD.