• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring an App to S2.

you can either plug in the usb cable then transfer them across to a folder in your phone or you can do it wirelessly, i have swiftp app installed on my phone and use my ftp client on my laptop for moving stuff but i think you can also do this with kies air

Thanks. Being new to these smart phones I don't suppose you know which folder I should use?

Upvote 0
i created a new folder on my SD card called 'others' and i just put the .apk files in there so i know where to find them all easier with my file manager.
if your new to smartphones you will perhaps need to know that the SGS2 treats the internal memory like an SD card so for the actual SD card you can remove, if you have one, is noted in the file manager as external sd card
but that doesnt matter so much, just create a new folder and put them in so you'll know where to be looking.
the usb cable will probably be the easiest way, your phone will pop up with something when you plug it in and you can select usb storage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones