1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Transferring app data HELP

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PlZlEtThIsNaMeWoRk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. PlZlEtThIsNaMeWoRk

None

Nov 30, 2014
    Male
    I recently upgraded my Motrola Atrix to a Samsung Galaxy S4, but the problem is that i cant transfer my app saves onto my new phone. I've tried many things, but i cant get it to work. I am not going to root my phone and i can't install helium because i can't find it on google play on my old phone. (the app i'd like transfer is terraria)

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    You could try enabling USB debugging on the phone, setting up ADB on your computer and using "adb backup", then see whether you can restore that app's data to the new phone. There's some information here about using this which might help.

If you can't find Helium via the Atrix that suggests that the software is too old. But you could try logging into play.google.com via a browser and see whether you can push it to the Atrix from there.

3. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Unfortunately, without root I don't think you'll have much luck. The data for Terraria is stored in data/data which is a system folder that generally can't be accessed without root.

You could try to use adb to pull the folder that your data is stored in, but I have a feeling it will be protected.

4. SelenaLee

SelenaLee On Probation
    None

Oct 13, 2014
    Female
    Well, there is a way out. You can try MobileGo. You don't need to root your Android phone. You just use this software to backup app and app data on your Motrola Atrix to computer. Then, use the software to restore the app and app data to your Samsung S4.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I moved this to the Android Applications forum to see if there are any other backup / restore ideas without root.:)