1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

transferring apps to a new phone?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by m.vasquez009, Sep 29, 2011.

1. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Menards-hardware manager
    Merrillville Indiana
    alright so i am about to buy the sgs2 and was wondering if there was a way to transfer my paid apps over to my new phone...can this be done with the sd card? and i have also heard that cell phone companies have started transferring apps when u buy a new phone, is this true???

Advertisement

2. Bubsmash

Bubsmash Member
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    I am not too sure as to with what some cell phone companies are doing about apps that were paid for before hand. One thing I do know though is that depending on what kind of paid apps they are some apps are specific to that certain phone.
    I do not see as to why one could not be able to transfer files over to there computer then back onto the new phone. As for the companies themselves being good about this and giving one a new upload link I am sure there are some companies out there that are helpful then of course there has been others out there that seem to want you to pay for it again.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    When you log in to your Google account on your new phone, you can get all your apps from the market under my apps. The apps are tied to your Google account, not your phone.

EarlyMon and m.vasquez009 like this.
  4. Bubsmash

Bubsmash Member
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Oh hey chance thank you for the great info I didnt know that google was doing that.

5. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    One other thing I would add is that when I got a tablet, I used the same Google account as my phone. To my surprise, most of the apps on my phone that are compatible with the tablet were automatically installed on my tablet. Not sure if this also applies to phones.