1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Transferring Apps

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DaggaDraad, May 4, 2012.

1. DaggaDraad

DaggaDraad Member
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    Hi

I want to transfer free Apps from my phone to a friend's Android Tab. I don't have her password to download from Play Store. Anyway I can do it?

Thanks

Draad

Advertisement

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    Why do you want to do this? If they are free apps, she can dowload them herself.

3. DaggaDraad

DaggaDraad Member
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    I realise that she can do that, but she is not around to do it. That's the issue. So, can it be done?

4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Northwestern Alabama
    It can be done, yes. Something doesn't sound exactly right here though.

5. DaggaDraad

DaggaDraad Member
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    M'thinks you been reading too many novels. If I were doing anything underhand there are many unofficial and "gray area" sites that I could step into.

If you want to help, please do. If not, and you still think there is something underhand, then, what can I say, it's your right not to reply to my request. And, you are right, it does sound freeky. But that's the situation. :(

Thanks, anyway.

Draad

6. DaggaDraad

DaggaDraad Member
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    I am trying to transfer to her not from her to me. I can download to my phone. The issue is her Tab.

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Right Behind You
    I believe the concern that svt_gEEk has is that we get a lot of spouses and significant others on here trying to circumvent security and download things to people's devices without them knowing it. We aren't in the habit of facilitating this for people as it isn't a nice thing to do.

In reality though, there aren't any good ways to download from the play store without that person's password. If you really want her to download some stuff, why not just send her links to the apps or games and have her do it from where she is now. With the way Google Play works, she could be on the other side of the planet and they would still download to the tablet. If that isn't possible, I'd just wait and do it the next time she is around.

8. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Northwestern Alabama
    ^Correct. My other concern is people attempting to circumvent the system and put apps they paid for on friends' devices and get around buying apps. Being a dev myself, that's a no-no.

As OTD said, your friend can even go to the Play website and force a download to her tablet from there. They do not have to be at the device to download stuff.

9. DaggaDraad

DaggaDraad Member
    None

Nov 4, 2011
    First off, she is not my spouse. Not even a "friend"!! Just a friend.

But, thank you for being so "up front" with me. I really do appreciate it. Let me tell you about myself. It has been a long time since I have had a cracked App on my phone. I had an HTC Touch Cruise a while ago (WM OS) and downloaded cracked programmes all the time until my phone was so full of files left over after my trying to delete the illegal Apps. I kept on noticing files belonging to old programmes I had deleted, still in my phone's memory. I remember my last illegal App was Worldmate. It was, and still is a great App, but I could not use it because it was cracked and would not work properly with WiFi connection. It was then that I decided to that I would only purchase legal Apps. And, gentlemen, I have not looked backed since. I did it for two reasons: I, generally, get good help from developers (appreciative developers, I presume) and honest guilt at realising that someone took the time to build an App to help "clutzes" like myself. I have a reasonably imaginative demand for Apps. With some of my demands it has taken me a while to find the right App. The funny thing is that I eventually find it. And I show my appreciation by purchasing the App, if need be. To be honest, if I may, the cost of most Apps is so small compared with what satisfaction they give the user.

I bought the Gemini calendar App. Since then I have changed from the sg1 to sg2. I remember I needed to enter my phone's ID when I purchased the App. and only realised what a good security thing that was. When I changed my phone I needed to send in the ID of my new phone. I thought that was a pretty nifty way to secure an App but, I am sure that there are hackers and crackers that have gotten around that.

So, gentlement, my hat off to you developers. It may sound a bit gushy but, it's straight from the heart.

I salute you again.

Draad

Ps. I guess you are right about waiting till she can do it herself.