1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

transferring data files from an app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by expresiva, Sep 19, 2011.

1. expresiva

expresiva Newbie

I used the application "WomanLog" on my original Droid. I was able to locate the data file on my old phone and back it up onto my desktop. It was under a file that was named something similar to "android_secure" and was stored on the microsd card. I now have my new Bionic (yay!) and have downloaded the WomanLog program onto this phone. Is there a way to have the program on the new phone read the data on the new sd card? I did transfer the data file over to the new sd card? I'd just put the data file on the new sd card, but the prograrm isn't using it. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. 1) The new WomanLog app on the new phone probably also created a new (of course empty) associated datafile. I would see if I could find that file, and replace it with my 'old' datafile. Then reboot and see if it works with the new app.

2) Have you contacted the dev yet?

expresiva likes this.
  3. expresiva

expresiva Newbie

Thanks, I can't find the new data file - it's not on the sd card and I can't find it on the internal storage (actually I can't access any files on the internal storage, it seems). I'll contact the developer, thank you!!!