• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring EVERYTHING from X to X2?

GNS1310

Apr 11, 2010
My friend got a replacement for his X, an X2. Says he wants me to transfer EVERYTHING he has from one to the other. I've never really done this, so any links or tips or suggestions would be great.
I'm going to plug it into the computer, make him a folder and put as much in there as I can. As far as Apps, I'll either jot them down or use appbrain/sync. he also has a couple paid apps, not sure how to do those. Fire an email to the developer?
Thanks for any help.

Was also wondering about the differences in the two phones...X2 is dual core?...other than that I'm not sure.

My friend got a replacement for his X, an X2. Says he wants me to transfer EVERYTHING he has from one to the other. I've never really done this, so any links or tips or suggestions would be great.
I'm going to plug it into the computer, make him a folder and put as much in there as I can. As far as Apps, I'll either jot them down or use appbrain/sync. he also has a couple paid apps, not sure how to do those. Fire an email to the developer?
Thanks for any help.

Was also wondering about the differences in the two phones...X2 is dual core?...other than that I'm not sure.

Try MyBackup. You can backup pretty much everything to sdcard except app data, that is it won't save settings of apps. That requires root. But it will backup contacts, text messages, apps, bookmarks, pics, etc. Very handy tool. And the lite version is simply a 30 day trial of the pro version, so you can do everything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones