• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring Files when WIFI not Available

I'm new to the forum and have a question. I have a Galaxy S III and also an Asus TF300T transformer tablet.

How do I get the tablet to recognise the phone and vice versa, when I connect the two through the USB? My thinking here is to have a way to transfer files when no WIFI available. Is there a better way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance. Great forum.

^^ What Biker said. Transfer files through Bluetooth from device to device. USB won't work since there aren't any drivers installed on either device to recognize eachother. However, that could be changed if either has USB OTG mode support enabled on ROM/Kernel.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the forum and have a question. I have a Galaxy S III and also an Asus TF300T transformer tablet.

How do I get the tablet to recognise the phone and vice versa, when I connect the two through the USB? My thinking here is to have a way to transfer files when no WIFI available. Is there a better way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance. Great forum.

I have both devices too :)

Sounds silly, but how about swap a micro-sd card between the two?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones