1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transferring m4a files (ICS)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ruswilks, May 5, 2012.

1. ruswilks

ruswilks Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Hi everyone, just tried to update the music on my Galaxy S2 for the first time since updating to ICS (stock XEU 4.0.3). Now when adding files in Media Monkey or by dragging and dropping in Windows Explorer I get a warning that m4a files aren't compatible. Media Monkey didn't copy them over at all, Windows offered to convert them or copy them anyway. Once on the phone the m4a files play fine in the stock music app or Winamp, so is there any way of turning off this warning so that I can continue to use Media Monkey to manage music on my phone? I also noticed it now shows as a portable media player in my computer rather than a phone as it did before ICS. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. The Driver

The Driver Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Best method is avoid Media Monkey.

Do this: Settings - More... - USB Utilities - (Without the USB cable connected) Tap "Connect storage to PC" & when instructed connect your USB cable - Turn on USB Storage - at the small dialog box tap OK.

Your phone will now appear in Windows & just copy the files across to which ever "drive" you want, simple easy and no fuss or faffing about.

3. ruswilks

ruswilks Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    I remembered that method shortly after posting, but thanks.

So no-one has any idea why Samsung have set the SII up as a media device that Windows thinks isn't compatible with m4a then?