1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Transferring Music from PC to Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ethood1999, Sep 19, 2011.

1. ethood1999

ethood1999 Newbie
    None

I'm just curious, is there some sort of Music or "My Music" app installed on the phone by default? Like with standard, "dumb phones", under the Tunes and Tones category of the Media Center, there's "My Sounds", "My Ringtones" and "My Music". I was wondering if I could just plug in the USB in my computer and phone and then do some sort of drag and drop thing maybe and just transfer the songs on my computer to my phone then be able to go to the Music/My Music app and listen to all my songs, create playlists, etc.

Advertisement

2. arnould

arnould Well-Known Member
    None

after Drag-and-drop the desired files to the drive
    to listen to the files you just added, go to your Applications screen and select the Music app. Tap either the Artists, Albums, Songs or Playlists button And now you’ll be able to play your songs and/or audio files on your Android phone
    I hope i answered the question under the topic :D

Java Programming

3. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    I had some issues with music ripped from CDs because I didn't understand the file system. Basically, I ripped them on my computer, but never changed the names from "Track01", "Track02", etc. When I pulled up that album or the playlist I had created, it was always the right songs.

But the PC and phone did exactly what it was supposed to do - transferred all the songs over and sorted them by information. And what else did I expect from 10 albums all named "Unknown" by artists named "Unknown" all with tracks of the same name??? :eek:

Just when I thought I was soooo smart ....
    Ed