• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

transferring music to device

I just bought my captivate a few hours ago, and have been trying to figure out how I get my music on my device... I don't have an external microSD only the internal one, and I just can't figure out how to get anyone on it. Kies mode doesn't work, and mass storage doesn't see the internal. How can I put my music on? I'm sure it can't be that big of a problem...

Couple things - you may need to use a USB port on the rear of your computer. A lot of users who plugged the cable into a port on the front of their computer encountered issues that were resolved by using a rear port. Not exactly why, but it must be some kind of hardware issue.

After you have the USB port sorted, make sure the phone is in mass storage mode and connect the USB cable. Pull down the notification bar and press the "USB Connected" (or something similar, I forget the exact wording. It'll be easy to figure it out) and then select "mount" in the dialog box that pops up. Should be good to go.

I wish there was a way to enable some sort of auto-mount when I connect the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones