1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Transferring of android music to pc

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by akldsfjalkfjlakds, Aug 21, 2016.

1. akldsfjalkfjlakds

None

Aug 21, 2016
    I am trying to transfer music from my android device to my windows 10 pc. The "Music" folder on my Nexus 5 contained about 1/4 of my music which I transferred successfully, and I am trying to transfer the rest. The issue is that I don't know where to find it. Searching for *.mp3 or kind:=music or even specific song names does not yield results. Using the shuttle music app gives a path of /storage/emulated/0/Music, which obviously isn't accessible. This is even with my Music folder being empty. My Nexus 5 is connected by USB using the Media Transfer protocol (developer options are on). Can anyone else provide any help?

Thank You

Edits:
    I should also clarify that the music does indeed work when played on my phone

Advertisement

2. AndrewKonamer

AndrewKonamer Newbie
    None

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, it can work but if not it's a problem with your phone!

elljo likes this.
  3. T0ASTERvan

T0ASTERvan Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2016
    Male
    Nor-East Uni-Stat
    I'm not understanding why this happens, but it does. What I'm referring to is when one USB connects their device to the computer via the power cord.. One should be able to see the device within the file manager.. But several things need to be adjust first hand..

First: For instance the smart device must be ON and unlocked or you may see the device within the file manager, but will not have access to the internal and external drives.

Second: The device must be out of charging mode and placed into the media transfer mode.

Third: Once the device has been connected and properly prepared as mentioned above.. you computer may need to be adjust as to allow the system to recognize the device. often this could mean downloading a file type manager direct from the manufacture of your device. However this is not always necessary.

In this instance, and once the device has been connected.. scanning the file manager you may see the device listed as an iPod or other device and typically this means that the devices system has been recognized and appears within the media player (in this case).

Once the device has been located and you've been give the opportunity to open the drives internal and external drives, one would need to explore the multiple folders.. because and here's the catch.. even though the internal or extremal drives say that there is a music folder.. and when one opens it.. nothing appears within said folder even though you've upload tons of music.

The key at this point is to then explore the DCIM folder which also has or creates an additional music or photo folder.. yes that';s that part thats so odd.. even though you have folders label for the transfer, the transfer never goes into the desired folder. So upon the data transfer, be willing to explore your folders but do not alter them other than to upload or download music or data files.

shshxiaojing likes this.
  4. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    it must work, i say you

5. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Is this music that you downloaded through Google Play music?

elljo likes this.