• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring passwords from iPhone to Android?

h1r0ll3r

Dec 2, 2011
So I recently purchased the Z Fold 4 and have been using an iPhone XS Max. I was wondering what's the best way to import/export/transfer the passwords/logins from my iPhone to my new Fold? Getting real tired of manually entering in 16 character passwords from Chrome to the apps in my phone. There has to be an easier way? Also, Is the Samsung Pass worth using? Kind of hesitant to have another app access to my login info and then have it also accessible by Chrome.

If these are website passwords then if you use the same browser on both and it syncs passwords you should be fine. If you used Safari and iCloud keychain with the iPhone then there's no native transfer to an android browser, and you'll have to copy them over to something that works across platforms.

I personally use a third-party password manager precisely so that I don't tie myself into any platform, "ecosystem" or browser (I use a mix of platforms, and am allergic to anything that locks me in to a particular vendor).

Upvote 0
I used to use Lastpass for years until I lost my Master Password sheet of paper.
I have been locked out since then.
So now I just use Google as my only browser which automatically saves my passwords, lol....
really? LastPass can let you provide a hint, if you forget your master password.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones