1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transferring Photos to SD Card on Ace II

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Callieflo, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Callieflo

Callieflo Guest

Hello guys,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace II and also a memory card. But I have a problem : My phone keeps saying that " There is not enough memory " when I try to open my gallery.
    Have already tried deleting 600 of my photos, and clearing the cache of my apps , and a few days ago when I deleted most of my songs, my USB storage finally was lessened to 1.05GB/1.10GB. But today, the problem came up again , even though I have very few songs and photos and apps. So my brother told me to transfer my photos to my Micro SD card. But can anyone tell me how to transfer my photos to my SD card, and how to lessen my USB storage? Its 1.09GB/1.10GB now :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Easiest way is to get a file manager from the Play Store - I use a free one called File Manager. Alternatively, you should be able to move the files by connecting to your PC via USB and using Windows Explorer.

So long as you move the files rather than copy them, that should free up Internal Storage.

Not entirely sure that will solve your problem though as, if your device originally had an earlier version of Android, it may still partition Internal Storage into a storage area (most of the space) and a installation area (usually quite small - maybe a couple of GB). If that's the case, then to free space in the installation area, you need to:

- clear app caches
    - uninstall apps you no longer use
    - delete data for apps you no longer use but can't uninstall

There are a few other options available if you root - see the Rooting section of the Ace II sub-forum for more details. Note that rooting may affect your warranty.

scary alien likes this.