• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring Pics and Videos to PC

The easiest method is to plug your phone into your computer, drag down the notification bar at the top, hit "USB connected" followed by Mount. Now it's like a flash drive - you can use (My) Computer to look for it.

By default, pictures and videos taken by the camera are under DCIM > Camera.

Be sure to unmount the phone before disconnecting it. You should be able to through one of the icons in your computer's notification area. Or you can right-click the drive shown in (My) Computer and click Eject - just be sure to not hit format by mistake!

You could also use a file-sharing app like Dropbox, if you want. Dropbox itself gives you 2 gigs of online storage for free, and the Android app is quite nice. I love it so much that even if my phone is already plugged in my computer, instead of Mounting I just use Dropbox lol.

Reactions: lqdcrystal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones