1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Transferring SMS from Nokia e63 to HTC Desire HD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by monkeyolsen, Feb 18, 2011.

1. monkeyolsen

monkeyolsen Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    Brighton/Toronto
    Hi all,
    I am interested in transferring some old SMS messages from my nokia e63 to my HTC Desire HD (which I have already been using for a month). My phone is not rooted, nor do I have any desire to do so (i have bad experiences messing around with stuff lol, so i'd like to keep it the way it is for now).

Anyway, all the messages I want to transfer are in my Inbox on my nokia phone. I have also transferred copies of the messages via Nokia PC suite to my PC and they are saved as .VMG files.

I was wondering what options I had for transferring them to my HTC handset with minimal hassle. Or if it's complicated, I would really appreciate some guidance on how to do this

Thanks!
    Andrew

Advertisement

2. punk_19

punk_19 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    It is quite simple to tranfer sms' from the nokia phone to the DHD...

switch on bluetooth in both devices... go the the applications menu in the DHD and you will find an application "Transfer Data"

This app will ask you to enter details such as from which phone you want to transfer.. the model number and such other things..

Just open the app... it is quite self explanatory and it will direct you to transfer the sms' between the 2 phones..

Njoy!!!!!

3. monkeyolsen

monkeyolsen Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    Brighton/Toronto
    i'm sorry i should have mentioned that when i tried that method, it says that it will overwrite whatever is already on my phone

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There are a few SMS Backup apps on the market. Could you download one of those to backup what you already have, then transfer from your old handset?