1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Transferring Thunderbolt from one Verizon customer to another

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thafngame24, Mar 18, 2011.

1. thafngame24

thafngame24 Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I might be purchasing a Thunderbolt from somebody on Craigslist. They have used their upgrade to purchase and activate the phone on their line but it now has been deactivated to sell. If I purchase and try to activate on my line, will I run into any problems? Normally I would go onto My Verizon and use that to activate it. Would I do the same thing or would it be different because of the 4g Sim card? Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. odiej34

odiej34 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    Arizona
    *228 used to be real simple but I hear that people are saying it does not work with the bolt. (DON"t TRY IT) I would have the person you are buying it from meet you at a Verizon store and transfer the phone to you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. GOOD LUCK!

3. thafngame24

thafngame24 Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Could anybody explain to me how this 4g sim card works. Is the sim card tied to the phone owner (with it containing account information) or is it just tied to the phone itself? It seems if the card is just tied to the phone itself then transferring the phone to another owner should not be a problem and wouldnt require both parties be present to do it.

4. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    I'd like to know this too. The guy at the verizon store said when i'm ready to buy the Bionic he said it's just a matter of switching the sim card. He wasn't very tech savvy which he admitted so I have time believing it.