1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transform LED Notification Light?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mista77, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie

Is there a LED Notification light on the Transform? if you iss a call or a text is there away for the device to notify you other than you contantly unlocking and checking the notification?

For example I left the room for a few minutes and must have received 2 texts I was unaware that i missed them until an hour later when i went to make a call..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Android Enthusiast

There are a few things you can do. One, make a custom ring tone that goes for maybe 10 seconds or around there so you notice when you have an alert. Two, turn up your volume as high as appropriately possible (Don't go to school/work with your phone on full blast haha). Three, Download 'SMS popup' so that right when you turn on your phone you can see your message. This also had customizable screen settings so that your phone's LCD will keep on for a certain amount of time. Hope this helps.

Mista77 likes this.
  3. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member

I use Missed Message Flasher from the market to flash my screen when I have missed a msg/call/email.

Mista77 likes this.
  4. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie

Thanks people. i checke dout that Message Flasher but that looks crazy like your phone is malfunctioning or something LOL... Guess I gotta keep looking..

As for the SMS Popup I really just need something tat will alert me if I missed notification without me having to randomly check the phone itself. Like a missed call/sms ringer or alert so i will check the phone.

5. vanburen72

vanburen72 Newbie

SMS Popup will do that. You can set a reminder interval.
    I have mine set to vibrate every 2 minutes so I don't miss texts.

Mista77 likes this.
  6. [TheAndroid]

Exactly what I was about to post haha.

Mista77 likes this.
  7. mhanos

mhanos Newbie

Will SMS Popup vibrate every 2 min until I clear the text?

8. vanburen72

vanburen72 Newbie

Yes, or whatever time interval you set it to.

9. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie

GREAT SMS popup seems to do the trick. Is there a app like this for missed call notification?

10. [TheAndroid]

I can look into that, but phone calls are more noticeable so I never saw the point in using one :) If you miss a call, you miss a call haha.

Mista77 likes this.
  11. Maticuno

Maticuno Newbie

This seems to be a common problem. I'd be interested to know what percentage of Transforms don't have a working LED notification light.

Mista77 likes this.
  12. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie

LOL I called Sprint they didnt know if it had one or not so they gave me Samsungs number and there cell phone depratment was completely clueless. I swear I can see one to left of the front speaker but it damn sure doesnt work.

13. vanburen72

vanburen72 Newbie

What you see to the left of the front speaker is a sensor that detects how close your face is so when you are on a call, the screen will go black so you don't hit any keys accidentally.
    There is no LED light on the Transform.
    My wife does not have one on her Optimus S either.

Mista77 likes this.
  14. Maticuno

Maticuno Newbie

Except that some of them do have a status LED.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/222116-leds-blinking-rapidly.html

15. vanburen72

vanburen72 Newbie

I think they are just using the wrong terminology.
    If you look in your owner's manual, it will tell you everything that is on the front of your phone, and there is no status LED. I really wish there was, only thing I miss from my old phone.

Mista77 likes this.
  16. [TheAndroid]

Exactly.

vanburen72 likes this.
  17. nstg8r

nstg8r Android Enthusiast

18. [TheAndroid]

*idea*

19. CTB6

CTB6 Member

You can try the No LED app. It doesn't really play nice with SMS popup, but it might work for you.

20. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member

I cant get NoLED to work...any suggestions??

21. CTB6

CTB6 Member

Unfortunately no. I installed it and it worked fine on the first shot. However, do note that when you want to wake up the phone when the LED mode is working (i.e. you have received a text message or missed call, etc.), you have to use either one of the menu keys or the power button. It's been so long (I disabled it for a while on mine) that I forget, but using the wrong button (I think the power button is the "wrong" one) will result in the phone locking up temporarily.

EDIT: Don't forget that you have to add the No LED shortcut to your home screen for it to work. That was in the instructions when I first installed it, and I don't know if they have changed it by now.

22. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member

Thank you. I figured out that I had to let the phone go to sleep instead of me using the pwr button.

23. agoldcoin

agoldcoin Lurker

ya im frustrated i dont have one. if you download the handcent app from the market it gives you options for led lights and colors and all sorts of options for it. why would it do that if we dont have the light?

Samsung Transform Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews