• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transform VS Intercept

gilbequick

Jul 11, 2010
So minus the whole SprintID thing, how do they compare. Specs are very similar.

3d graphics?

Are any games "choppy"

With the Intercept, on Angry Birds some of the graphics aren't visible and come up as blank white screen, is the Transform the same way?

How's battery life (with GPS and WiFi off)?

So minus the whole SprintID thing, how do they compare. Specs are very similar.

3d graphics?

Are any games "choppy"

With the Intercept, on Angry Birds some of the graphics aren't visible and come up as blank white screen, is the Transform the same way?

How's battery life (with GPS and WiFi off)?

So far, when I have tested it with wifi and gps off, I have gotten a good 30 hours out of it. Mind you, I have 2 apps running.
Biggest battery drainer is the Fancy Widget, which I turned off.

Upvote 0
I was contemplating the Intercept up until the Transform came out. Perhaps the biggest step up for the Transform is the screen resolution. At 480x320, that's 60% more pixels than the Intercept's 400x240. I'd heard some things that future Android features won't work on lower than 480x320 - not sure how true that is, but it's something to keep in mind. It will also affect the clarity/resolution of text, images, etc.

Also, now that the Transform is the most recent "mid-range" Samsung phone on Sprint, I would expect updates to come out sooner and for longer into the future than the Intercept.

Upvote 0
I have had the Intercept since the mid October 2010. What a great device, or so I thought. When I first got the phone it had Android 2.1 Elcair on it. I had a few apps and the default browser I was using was Dolphin HD. I had ZERO complaints.

However, since recieving the 2.2 Froyo update, I am now on my 3rd intercept. I found a way to flash it back to the stock 2.1 but there is no way (that I could find) to not update the phone to 2.2.

Conclusion--

Intercept with 2.1 -- Great, Best phone I ever had.

Intercept with 2.1 -- Crap, Worst phone I ever had.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If the Intercept with 2.2 Froyo was my very first impression of Android I would have taken it back to the Sprint Store and probably went with a Blackberry.

I am taking back my replacement device today an trading for a totally different one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones