1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transformer and laptop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doubledee90, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast
    None

I have a Macbook Pro right now, and it works beautiful, never had any issues and it does everything that I need it to. I am a big android fan and love the transformer. But I need a reason to actually buy one considering I already have a laptop.
    Those of you with a laptop and want/have a transformer, what is your justification for having both? How are both useful?

Advertisement

2. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Male
    Software Development Manager
    Houston, Texas, USA
    I have a Dell Latitude e4310 laptop from work, which for a laptop is powerful, light, and comfortable to carry around and type on. I'm getting the Transformer for school where I also need to carry some hefty textbooks (oh please Kindle/Nook, bring me textbooks!), and the fact that the Transformer is lighter and has much better battery life than my laptop makes a significant difference. I've wanted a tablet ever since the iPad came out and was looking forward to the Android offerings, so this is much more attractive to me than a netbook (which might be useful for school) because I can use it as just a tablet for hanging out surfing or watching videos. Now when you combine all of that together, it's such a compelling offering that it became an obvious choice for me:
    - seriously portable, like a netbook
    - usable keyboard, better than some netbooks, not as great as my laptop
    - monster battery life with the keyboard dock, way better than anything else
    - Honeycomb
    - Asus reputation
    - cost: $550 for tablet and keyboard dock

Next thing to wait for now? Netflix on Honeycomb...

Hope this helps.

3. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast
    None

Thanks for the reply. I am also a student and those were the exact reasonings for why I want this. I know I can travel with my macbook pro, it is only 13 inches and pretty light. But I feel with the transformer it will be much easier to travel with, and not have to worry about battery life. At the same time I feel Honeycomb does a lot of things better than a conventional laptop, and now that it has a decent word processing application I can see it possibly even replacing a laptop.