1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Transformer goes to sleep whenever I open an app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheBrinos, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TheBrinos

TheBrinos Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    This is very weird. I just got my transformer today. I left for work and thought it was charging for 8 hours, but apparently I didn't push the charger together all the way so it didn't charge. (Figured this out after I set the device up).

I did the set up, and then I opened the gmail app. When I did, it went right to sleep (the battery was at like 16%). It did this again anytime after I unlocked the screen and opened to the gmail app - it just went right back to sleep, so I force turned it off from the unlock screen. After a few minutes, it was up to 21 percent charged, I turned it back on and opened the internet app - and it did the same thing... it just went to sleep.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Do I need to change a setting? Do I need to let it charge all the way before I do anything on it? (I know I should in general, it just wasn't charging when I thought it was). This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Advertisement

2. TheBrinos

TheBrinos Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    I just tried resetting the device. Didn't work. Maybe if I update to 3.1? How can I do that?

Also, I just noticed, strangely, this only happens with google apps. For example, Gmail, Maps, etc. But not for things like Polaris office.