• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transformer or Galaxy Tab 10.1?

My career as an Asus fanboy lasted all of four days. I love the form factor, I think there is nothing out there that can compete with it. But that love and pride for my machine has turned into shame and disgust for the company.

I just bought a new Asus Eee Transformer along with the keyboard dock for my trip to San Francisco this week. I bought it Thursday, charged it overnight, used it Friday through Sunday. I got it all configured with my accounts, the software I want to use, and I even downloaded some movies to watch on the plane. Monday morning I get to the airport and I go to turn it on, I get nothing, the screen was black.

So I contacted customer service, no replacement offered, I have to pay to ship the computer to them for the repair! I was shocked. This is not the type of service I would get from HP or Dell. A very disappointing experience that has made me not want to recommend the Asus Transformer to people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones