1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Transformer1 or Transformer 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geetechfever, Sep 13, 2011.

1. geetechfever

geetechfever Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    OK, we already know how great the transformer is, and the price is also good now. Well, but it's rumored Transformer 2 is going to be released in coming days.(But no confirmation, lol...) Transformer 2 would be powered by a quad-core processor, wouldn't it? Should wait for it?

Advertisement

2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    If you can wait then wait, I'm not expecting it any time soon though but I could be wrong.

3. mihaelb

mihaelb Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2011
    Unless the quad-cores provide much better battery life, or being sold at the same price, I don't see people jumping on them. The dual-core Nvidia machines out there right now are quite fast, and it rarely feels like I'm waiting something to happen (due to speed) with any app for me.
    This will further improve assuming Ice Cream Sandwich (next version of Android) will be available on the current tablets, as it will make use of hardware acceleration, which is supposed to increase their speed substantially.
    So your answer: no, I wouldn't wait, unless you know it's coming out next month, and will cost the same

4. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have heard October, but we all know how that goes. I also saw somewhere that it was going to be a Tegra again, 1.5 dual core, could be more talk though.