1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Transition Animations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Carlos A, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Carlos A

Carlos A Member

I got my Galaxy Note 2 about a month ago and it is by far the best collest smoothest device I have ever owned.
    When I got it though tue phone was on Android 4.1.0 and during that time I would get transition animations between seperate apps. (Like switching cards from bottom to top.)
    But when I updated to 4.1.2 the day after. The animations were gone. I am not completely sure if it was because of the update, and if it isnt. Is there anyway to get them back.

I still love the phone regardless.

Advertisement

2. donec

donec Well-Known Member

It's funny because I swear I saw something about animations in the settings but I can't find it now. Maybe the update did away with it?

3. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast

Look in Developer options; are the 3 animation scales still there? What are they set at. When my N2, v4.1.1, was new the scales were set at 1x.

4. HTTR

HTTR Android Enthusiast

Any idea what the optimal settings are?

5. donec

donec Well-Known Member

Do they still work when using Nova launcher?

6. PiscesCloud

Not really but after experimenting with some excessively large values, I've set my phone's transitions to 0.5; it seemed somewhat 'snappier' after doing that.

HTTR likes this.
  7. PiscesCloud

Sorry, don't know. I'm still on Touchwiz.

8. Carlos A

Carlos A Member

Its not the speed of the transition, like you said under developer options. I have them all to 1x and changed them around. Its the animation itself.

9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Yes, the transitions still work when using Nova.

donec likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews