• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transparent dock icons?

Kcrack

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
I'm a complete newb with this android stuff. I finally managed to download and install a custom dock on my phone. It already has icons on it (and they're fine) but whenever I to put an action on it (like contacts) it places another icon over it and it looks messy.

How can I make the icons transparent? I have photoshop by the way.

I'm a complete newb with this android stuff. I finally managed to download and install a custom dock on my phone. It already has icons on it (and they're fine) but whenever I to put an action on it (like contacts) it places another icon over it and it looks messy.

How can I make the icons transparent? I have photoshop by the way.

Create a png file without a background and move it to your phone. Select it as your icon image. Let me know if your still having problems, I can upload one when I get home tonight.

Reactions: Kcrack
Upvote 0
Create a png file without a background and move it to your phone. Select it as your icon image. Let me know if your still having problems, I can upload one when I get home tonight.

Ok, I created a transparent 1cm background and saved it as a png file, so how do I get it on the phone exactly? Yes I feel incredibly dumb even asking but I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Figured it out, cheers mate!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones