• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Transparent Lockscreen on GrdLocks Vanilla

I was looking for a non-Sense lockscreen that didn't have transparency and I found this thread over at XDA by ihtfp69:

[THEME] Vanilla Lockscreen NON-Transparent Background [06/04/2010] - xda-developers

He created a script that you run and you can use any background you want. The only thing is, you have to use the stock clock for alarm, which he also includes.

It's awesome and I'm really digging the new lockscreen! I'm running Ivan's Official Eris 1 ROM, removed Sense launcher, and using Launcherpro.

Here's what mine looks like:

4680421550_d2d0bd0ddd.jpg

I just changed the background to my pier picture that I took and it looks nice too.

4680528924_9a7bf37e68.jpg

Upvote 0
I was looking for a non-Sense lockscreen that didn't have transparency and I found this thread over at XDA by ihtfp69:

[THEME] Vanilla Lockscreen NON-Transparent Background [06/04/2010] - xda-developers

He created a script that you run and you can use any background you want. The only thing is, you have to use the stock clock for alarm, which he also includes.

It's awesome and I'm really digging the new lockscreen! I'm running Ivan's Official Eris 1 ROM, removed Sense launcher, and using Launcherpro.

Here's what mine looks like:

4680421550_d2d0bd0ddd.jpg

I just changed the background to my pier picture that I took and it looks nice too.

4680528924_9a7bf37e68.jpg

I really would love to use this!!! I am currently using Aloysius v12 but I'm extremely confused =[ Does this work with my Rom?

Upvote 0
I really would love to use this!!! I am currently using Aloysius v12 but I'm extremely confused =[ Does this work with my Rom?

It should work with Aloysius. Make sure you do a NAND backup before you try it, though. And check the Market right after to make sure it works. I had a problem with the Market not working with Ivan's ROM, but it worked with XTR perfectly.

Upvote 0
It should work with Aloysius. Make sure you do a NAND backup before you try it, though. And check the Market right after to make sure it works. I had a problem with the Market not working with Ivan's ROM, but it worked with XTR perfectly.

Can that guide/theme only be used if done from a windows computer? Because I cant run that .bat file...I can look at it from some notepad version on mac but idk what I am supposed to be doing...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones