1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trapster in Notification Bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GZ2525, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GZ2525

GZ2525 Newbie

I want to run Trapster in the background at all times, but it displays the little police car in the Notification Bar. Is there anyway to stop it from being in the notification bar?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast

I was gonna say yes but now I think about it, I am not sure. I saw where you can check/uncheck the setting for Trapster to run in the background. I am just not sure if you can remove the icon in the notification bar though. Seems like you can but again I am not 100% sure.

3. howbizah

howbizah Newbie

Having Trapster running in the background will deplete your battery very rapidly.

4. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Android Enthusiast

yea i always check NO for don't run in the background. I had it hooked up to my car charger when I was using Trapster last night.

5. Displaying the icon in the notification bar is a function of the OS. We can not stop this.

Yes, the GPS and map data takes a lot of juice, we recommend using a car charger and a windshield "suction cup" style phone dock.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews