• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trapster on the SGS2?

DaveSyd

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2011
Has anyone got Trapster running successfully on the SGS2? with warnings and voice alerts? I get no sound or warnings out of it. I have not signed up with a Trapster email/account as yet because I am tryialling it. I don't know if this is a limitation of the trial/anonymous version (when you start and hit 'Continue') ie. no sound or warnings just the map? I have tried unsucessfully to find out on the Trapster website? Dave

Has anyone got Trapster running successfully on the SGS2? with warnings and voice alerts? I get no sound or warnings out of it. I have not signed up with a Trapster email/account as yet because I am tryialling it. I don't know if this is a limitation of the trial/anonymous version (when you start and hit 'Continue') ie. no sound or warnings just the map? I have tried unsucessfully to find out on the Trapster website? Dave

I had a problem too. Can see the alert markers on the map, but no warning sound when I'd passed thru' a couple of these markers.

Also, I think the program drains battery power.

Upvote 0
Thanks awiseman. I did end up signing up and getting a log in, only to find in the help forum that there are many models incl. the SGS2 which will not play audio warnings.

This is of course a deal breaker. There is no point if it can't give audio warnings, I can't drive watching the screen all the time I'd get booked!!! So uninstalled it is...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones