1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trash Bin Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikethegoalie32, May 14, 2020.

1. mikethegoalie32

Hello everyone,
    My fiancee has an A8 and we are close to upgrading, but her memory was running low so she decided to go into phone clean up mode just to get us to the upgrade.

She normally just deletes old photos (I have tried explaining the cloud to her, but not yet...) but this time she found herself in the files section of the phone. She deleted something in the files that then deleted all her photos. Now, when we go to trash as she normally would to restore those photos, it shows 1300+ photos and 8 vids are in the trash, but they are all greyed out with an i button. When we click restore, it says they were successfully restored but are nowhere to be found.

I suspect what is happening is she deleted a folder, and when we restore the photos they disappear because that folder path cannot be found anymore? Any thoughts?

See attached picture of here trash bin.

Any help is appreciated. She is convinced they are all gone, but I am more hopeful!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Trash bins are not a feature of the android operating system, so it would probably help if you told us which app has this trash bin, and whether it's the same app that she used to delete the files.

MrJavi, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.

Galaxy A8(2018) Forum

The Galaxy A8(2018) release date was January 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.6" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7885 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2018
Release Date
Reviews