• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Travel in Australia/New Zealand with Desire HD

Am going to be travelling to Australia and New Zealand in future, and want to use my HTC Desire HD while there. It is currently locked, but will be getting it unlocked before travel. Looking for suggestions regarding service providers for voice, data and text, as well as providing a sim card for use in the phone.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

They all suck in their own ways, but Telstra has the best coverage in Australia (don't know about New Zealand) and for your needs I'd say go with them, unless you're sticking to the capital cities in which case just grab the best deal available when you get off the plane.

Sorry to sound negative; but I haven't had a carrier I'm really happy with in the more than 10 years I've had a mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones