• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trekkies discussion - TNG (The Nerd Generation)

TBH I haven't paid any attention to the blogosphere in reference to Discovery. What are some of the "good things" you've heard?

That the war story line is in the rear view, that season 2 will focus on character development, exploration, and more in line with the ST hopefulness. Plus you know Captain Pike, Spock and the Enterprise. So ...

Upvote 0
It's not my cup of tea (Discovery) ... but I am hearing some good things about where the series is headed, I may just get to watching all of season one someday after all. And who knows maybe someday season 2 and beyond.

Yes the tea reference was intentional ... Earl Grey ... HOT.

When would you ever have cold tea? It's just not a thing for us Brits.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
When would you ever have cold tea? It's just not a thing for us Brits.

A. it's a Picard quote. :D
B. In the states we brew a lighter tea and serve with lemon, over ice and (in the South) a LOT of sugar. We call it ... oddly enough ... Ice Tea. (No not the performer)

Confusing right? We Americans take pride in finding silly new ways to change everything the rest of the world does. It's who we are. ;)

Upvote 0
You don't drink iced tea in the summer when it gets hot? You know, those three hours on that one sunny afternoon in July? :p ;) :D

We've already had our quota of sun in May, which was apparently the hottest since records began. You have to be a hopeless optimist to buy sunglasses over here.

Yeah I realised half way through typing that comment about cold tea, that it's drunk over there (you weirdos :). Anyway HOT tea should be the default setting on the replicator.

Upvote 0
you weirdos :).

If the funny looking clown shoe fits .... :D

Anyway HOT tea should be the default setting on the replicator.

Maybe in space where the ambient temperature is close to 0°K, but on Vulcan or Kronos? Hot tea just wouldn't be logical or honorable. Prune juice, OTOH, is a Warrior's drink! (did you get to that episode yet?)

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
We've had the prune juice episode. Just got to the one where Picard falls for a crew member who has the looks of Dr. Crusher. Anyway, the affair is doomed. Looks like a starship Captain isn't able to make a relationship work with a subordinate crew member. Not that Riker ever seems to have such problems. :rolleyes:
I reckon Picard/Crusher could work, but they never seriously got together.

Upvote 0
We've had the prune juice episode. Just got to the one where Picard falls for a crew member who has the looks of Dr. Crusher. Anyway, the affair is doomed. Looks like a starship Captain isn't able to make a relationship work with a subordinate crew member. Not that Riker ever seems to have such problems. :rolleyes:
I reckon Picard/Crusher could work, but they never seriously got together.

They explain that in Episode 160 (Season 7, episode 8) "Attached". :D

It's been talked about since TOS. A Captain's ship is his (or her) mate. There is no room for another love when a captain loves his ship (and crew) ... such is the live of a leader.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
t's quite well known the libido of a captain (or a Commander Riker) can be satisfied in a number of non commitment involving ways

Thank god for the holodeck eh? Make sure to lock door before running those 'personal' programs. :)

You mean *ON CAMERA* ;) :eek:

Do tell. That could have been a good question to ask McFadden at the Trek Con :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones