• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trexcell 3800mah extended battery

Since you have both the Trexcell and Siedo batteries which would you say last longer? I am looking to buy another battery but if I am buying an extended battery that needs a new back I need one that is going to last the longest.

I can usually make it through most of the day on a charge since I plug my phone in every time I am in my car. But when I am out playing some games to kill time or taking pictures I could use the extra juice.

You can get excellent out of both in my opinion. The trexcell 3800mah won't break the bank. After I rooted & adjusted the cpu to max 200-500mhz and juicedefender my stand by time became ridiculous. I would get the trexcell extended battery just to have the 3800mah. But the battery cover they send sucks to me. Very shiny plastic type that is a fingerprint whore lol. The seido battery cover is better to use, good feel, design and functionality. The seido 3200mah holds up fine also. Good name behind their products. So it is a toss up, sorry for not giving a direct answer lol.

Upvote 0
I ordered the product via Amazon.com and was excited when the shipment said it had been delivered. I came home from work, opened my box and BAM! no battery. I contacted Amazon (who the order was supposedly fulfilled by) and they said that they did not receive the product from the seller. They refunded my money (well its pending anyway) but I would have preferred the battery instead. Oh well...

Could you please contact us. Not sure if it's you or not but we did have a negative feedback a few days ago indicating they received an empty box. It is very frustrating to hear that Amazon would blame an empty SHIPPING BOX on us not sending the product. I mean obviously they are packing something when they put packing take on the box. I would just like more information as we have already escalated this to our Amazon rep. And I would also like to make sure that you get taken care of as well.

We do not always monitor this board but please contact us with any issues through the marketplace or service@mytrexcell.com

Upvote 0
I did, but attached pictures don't get quoted. It's the 2nd picture in this post. Thanks. :)

Ok cool.
That's the battery usage view. Setting > applications > battery usage > then touch the the screen where it shows the graph. There you go. If you are rooted you can download pro switcher and add it to your toggles.

Reactions: zmarko
Upvote 0
To conclude this, the trexcell 3800mah is a good battery to have especially if you take the time to root. Sorry I didn't show final stats. But Avg use you can pull 10-13hrs out of it. I think that is a huge step up. On a non rooted phone I guessing 9-12hrs which is still a huge step up from the present issues. Now if you are a phone abuser expect 2.5hrs or more less off that time.

These are not professional opinions, just a guy in to his device like rest of you and trying to help all of us gain better results for our buck.

JUSTQUAN2,

I've looked at your stats and I'm actually confused about how much better your battery is. I ran the legendary EVO 4G with a 3500mAh extended battery and my usage went from 9-10 hours of relatively heavy usage to over 20. In fact I ran my phone on normal human usage for three days without charge a few times.

I recently 'upgraded' to the Epic at Sprint and was considering the extended battery knowing my usage habits but, last night I checked my stats before plugging in for the night and I was at 16h 42m (2.3.6 build) and I had only received the charging warning once about 30 minutes before.

I think if you check around the general posts there is a way to reset your battery stats which helps the phone control the battery's levels more efficiently. I never did with my EVO but, I never had reason to. I hope this helps get more life out of the 3800. I'm gonna stick with the pencil thin for awhile but, thanks for the post, its good info.

Upvote 0
You can get excellent out of both in my opinion. The trexcell 3800mah won't break the bank. After I rooted & adjusted the cpu to max 200-500mhz and juicedefender my stand by time became ridiculous. I would get the trexcell extended battery just to have the 3800mah. But the battery cover they send sucks to me. Very shiny plastic type that is a fingerprint whore lol. The seido battery cover is better to use, good feel, design and functionality. The seido 3200mah holds up fine also. Good name behind their products. So it is a toss up, sorry for not giving a direct answer lol.

do you have too root your phone to use these batteries? what if i just want to slide it in and just get extra power? I am not into all that rooting stuff

Upvote 0
Hi every one. This is day 2 conditioning my Trexell extended battery for me. As i took the second screen picture phone warned me to plug it in... I will drain battery two more times i guess, or the maybe... Following instructions that came with it...

I have to send pics to my computer so i can resize then i guess...

Ok... Here they are... Not too bad huh?
Thing is, I have heard so many different stories about how to "train" the damn batteries that it is very confusing... Trexell said to drain the battery at least 4 or 5 times... Have to wait and see... If I get two days worth of battery juice, I will feel like I am getting my money's worth...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-22-22-02-32.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-22-02-32.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_2012-07-22-22-02-22.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-22-02-22.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

hey JUSTQUAN.. curious to know if there are rubber/silicon cases you can get for the phone to prevent damage from falling etc.. I guess I am accustomed to my old case, rubber and making the phone definitelly safer...

Thanks.

I tried 3 different battery saver apps: juice defender, easy battery saver and one other one, I forget which.. They seemed to drain my battery more than save its juice, but then again, my old battery was fried... ( I am not using the 1800 mAh they gave me at the store a few days ago...)

I wonder if either one of those is worth using to extend battery life.. In fact, I have downloaded, but not using One touch battery saver...again, I do not want to steal the thread, so If any of you have feedback on the battery saving apps, please PM me. Thank you...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones