1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Trial/return period?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3ricG, Apr 28, 2011.

1. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Is there a trial or return period for this phone after I buy it? I plan to get it this weekend (HOPEFULLY!), but I'm not sure about the battery. I want to try it (with different settings) for a week or so, and see if the battery lasts long enough for me. Will I have a period of time that I can return it for another phone if the battery doesn't work out? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ckelly33

ckelly33 Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    14 days

3. T_VASS

T_VASS Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Could always pick up an extended battery, that's what I did and love this phone so much more

4. mattdeasay

mattdeasay Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Baltimore

And I think they charge a $35 re-stocking fee. It is a great phone. Recently switched from the BB Tour. Only downside has been battery management. There are numerous posts on how to conserve battery.

5. elements

elements Member
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I found Verizon to be pretty flexible. I went through the first two weeks, first I had a lemon that had problems connecting to the network, the second one had a lemon battery that heated up and drained in a few hours. I went back on day 14 and told them I did not have a productive trial period due to hardware issues and told them I was not ready to give up so they gave me another 7 days and said that I would need to pay a restocking fee if i decided to return it. I thought that was very fair. During the last week I spent a huge amount of time in this forum searching little fixes.. the most helpful was absolutely the LTE on off app that allows the toggle between 3 and 4 G... since then its been a great device and I kept it rather than swapping for an iphone.

6. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Philadelphia
    I'm considering it, but I really don't like the way it looks.

7. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ

That is a very valid argument. I got the extended battery the day I got my phone (release day), and I actually like the feel of the phone with it better then with out it. I know that the hump doesn't look as sleek, but it really does feel better in the hand.

I actually also like the weight that it ads to the phone. I would ask the VZW rep to let you try it out with the extended battery to see if you like it or not. They should be happy to let you.

3ricG likes this.