• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Triangle and phone laying down

dwohl86

Lurker
Dec 29, 2009
I just got my Droid Eris today and I let it charge for about 3 and a half hours until the amber light turned green, and then turned it on. After turning it on, it shows the screen with the little robots but then goes to a screen with a big white triangle with a yellow exclamation point inside of it with a phone laying down next to that. I have already called the 1-877 number to activate it. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

It does on mine when I am trying to update rom.. any idea?

I got the triangle when i tried to update to 2.1. I made the error of renaming the zip file that went to my sd card. That file has to be named properly or it will give you that error. It also has to be placed on the root of the card (not in another folder).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones