1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Trick the market?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sugarfree661, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Bakersfield Ca
    Is there any way of installing apps that weren't meant for my phone? Like I've heard of people making netflix work by tricking the app into thinking there phone was a HTC thunderbolt I think? I want google earth but I really want this game stardunk that I seen, I downloaded the app off 4shares since it is not in the market, at first it wouldnt even install, so I placed the apk in my system app file and changed the permissions of the file, and rebooted my phone so it would install manually, and it did! but when I attempted to open the app it would crash and send me to my home :( I'm guessing the app realizes my phone isn't supported and exits, just like google earth, any way around this? Or is this a flash issue? I'm not sure but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement

2. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Why don't you install the app normally? You have to go To settings, applications, and check unknown applications, so you can install apks that were not downloaded from android market.

3. Sugarfree661

Sugarfree661 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Bakersfield Ca
    I mean half way thru the installation it says it failed, I'm very aware of the unknown app setting, I download 3rd party apps alot

4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    I remember making changes to the build.prop for Netflix but that was a different story, the app itsself was closing out. The phone simply can't run the app you tried, the hardware won't support it afaik

5. discua8

discua8 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    thats so weird bcus i actually install netflix on my optimus m it does work fine for me :D

6. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    The Grim Reaper cleaned up all the apples....now I
    Austell, Ga
    Try Googling Netflix mods for android....that's what I did. There are some nice ones out there. Most of them are on XDA
    Tricking the market doesnt always work and if its outside the capabilities of you're device you'll have to compensate with custom roms and maybe even oc kernels....
    Or hacked apps.

Tags: