• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Trident Case preorders have begun

!) only mental pix... I handled it but didn't take pix
2) My body glove is dead..i dropped it in the street and it fell apart got some little dimple scratches on the dx...I have a silicon 1 piece cover for now...very disappointed in the body glove
3) yw!

Thanks man. Sorry to hear about your phone. :(

Guess I will not be checking out the Body Glove. Maybe between this and Seidio. Otterbox looks good but I dunno if its worth the cash.

I was near your way yesterday btw. Was in Princeton and East Windsor!

Upvote 0
I got mine, sorry no pics yet. It is bulky, but I really like it. I carry my phone in my back pocket and it still goes in and comes out just fine. For me it's actually easier to work the buttons thanks to the rubberized covering.

Pros:
-Fit
-really well made
-No slip finish
-Industrial strength
-built in screen protector is nice
-Buttons, especially power easier for me to use

cons:
-The screen cover does show more fingerprints than the protector I had before. But it doesn't bother me when I'm using the phone, when it's off I notice it alot.
-in the dark it's hard to distinguish the buttons on the bottom row sometimes. would be nice if they had raised icons instead of recessed
-it does gather some lint, but not too bad really. Not enough to make me want to ditch it
-because the camera lens is way recessed (protected) it's hard to clean and it does get dusty

All in all I'd give this case a 4.5 out of 5.
I would buy it again. and I will buy one for my Kindle when they come out!

Upvote 0
So while I wait for the "SharK' to become something other than Vaporware, I ordered this, actually like the look. I ride a m'cycle and it'd be nice to think the phone might survive if I crash and need to call 911 :)

Thanks for the plug, I did recommend that everyone not wait for my case but to get some protection for their phone until the "shark" is done. The shark case has enough going for it to be an "upgrade" to a standard case such as this.

Wow $35 dollars, maybe I should raise the price of my case ;)

Upvote 0
I got my case today and I love it. Sorry my phone doubles as my camera so no pics, but if I can get a hold of one I will update my post.

I am coming from using the Seidio Rugged, which the rubber wore out on me, hence the reason for needing this case. The kraken feels a lot less bulky than the rugged, and feels more contoured for your hand. I like how the main body of the Kraken is solid plastic that fits all the way around your phone, instead of the flimsy little snap on of the innocase.

I have an extended battery on my phone and there is one corner that didn't snap down all the way, but it still works. This is by far my favorite case, although I have never used an otterbox.

Upvote 0
looks like it collects lint. this true?

So far mine hasn't, though I've only had it for two days. It likely will though, being covered in silicon and all.

However, this sucker is solid. Though snapping the plastic case on is a bit of a pain (it easily snaps up to the last two, on either end, and then it's a bit fiddly to make it line up and properly close), it's a reassuring weight in my hand. I have small hands, but the naked phone felt too...I dunno, delicate and easy to destroy. Now it's easier to grip.

Only gripes:

The screen is hell to clean. The same eyeglass cleaner cloth that I used on the original screen doesn't work on the Kraken's screen; it just smears the oils around. Probably needs some actual damp to really wipe off, but I haven't been arsed enough to bother yet.

The notification bar at the top isn't as easy to pull down, even though I really didn't lose any screen space. It may be because I'm unconsciously overcompensating for the case and hitting lower than I need, rather than it being a case flaw.

The camera protector is a separate sticky piece of plastic that you can install. But only if you never plan to use flash, apparently, because the plastic will muck it up. It doesn't say if it's removable or not, so I didn't put mine on.

Hard buttons don't light up anymore, since the silicon is solid. I suppose if I had a reaaaally tiny solder gun tip I could try to burn out the designs so light can come through, but that's work. Kind of surprised they didn't think of it themselves though.

Otherwise, the Kraken case is pretty damn nice. I definitely like it.

Upvote 0
Why not put your X in a zip lock, then in a shoe box and fill that with concrete.

Might make using it a bit trickier though, don't ya think? ;)

It will be less bulky than this case.

Hardly. It may not be to everyone's taste but the bulk is there for a reason, and that reason is why certain users would buy it.

Upvote 0
Might make using it a bit trickier though, don't ya think? ;)

Hardly. It may not be to everyone's taste but the bulk is there for a reason, and that reason is why certain users would buy it.

No, bulk is the by product of a lazily engineered case. It's easy to build a bulk case that protects, its difficult to build a slim non-bulk adding case that protects.

I don't think anyone would turn away a case that protected very well yet added very little to the phone.

Upvote 0
No, bulk is the by product of a lazily engineered case. It's easy to build a bulk case that protects, its difficult to build a slim non-bulk adding case that protects.

I don't think anyone would turn away a case that protected very well yet added very little to the phone.

True... but I suspect it'll be a while before cases made of unobtainium are commercially available. :p At this point in time I'll happily accept some bulk in exchange for good drop protection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones