1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trident case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Androidkucool, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Androidkucool

Androidkucool Well-Known Member

Hi, would somebody tell me that the outer side of this case is rubberized or hard case? Thx.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

I believe its a "hard rubber" Its anti skid so I think its kinda like...... kinda like really hard plastic with a light rubber/"stickiness" on it...If that made sense

3. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

Yeah, it's two pieces. One soft rubber, then a harder outer shell.

4. dixie460

dixie460 Member

Yep, inner layer is soft rubber. Outer layer is hard plastic with rubberized coating. Every bit as tough as an Otter Box (yes I've owned an Otter Box also, on my Optimus, so I speak from experience) and I actually prefer this case over my Otter Box because the OB has a hard smooth plastic outer shell which would slide easily. Trident case has some grip to it so it stays put wherever you lay it. Bit harder in/out of the pocket, but I got used to it. My ONLY WTF moment with this case is once I put it on, I found that ther's no plug for the headset jack. Other than that, all ports are covered with a durable plug... I ripped off the stock plastic USB port cover on my phone because having 2 plugs was a pain.

5. Androidkucool

ok..thanks for the info because I do not like the one with a hard case; it is slippery. "....I found that ther's no plug for the headset jack..." (Sixie460); may i know which trident is that (Aegis or Kraken)?

6. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

I have the Kraken and every thing fits good and all holes match up dead on only thing is if you get the one that comes with the belt clip it does not sit in the case right and is cheap I myself and another person on af both had it crack I was warned thought I would take my chances but even if your only out 5 bucks for the belt clip the case is worth it either or. Fits like a glove though. Very much like an otter box defender case. Another thing its the phone still fits in your pocket ok. Its not too much of a cram. And I think the Kraken comes with a kick stand the other case does not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

8. Androidkucool

the thing is....I've dropped so many times (maybe more than 10 times) my samsung caliber. It was no problem at all, but I don't think I can drop this one:). How bad when this phone is dropped? I mean WITH the case on it.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews