• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Trident Cyclops Case for HTC Evo 4G

Does the silicon bumper stay on good? It looks like it would come off easily.

I had this same fear when I saw the Youtube video. It is on so tight you would think it was part of the case. You will not notice it even comes off. I can truly say it is the best case I own. I have about 10 cases, including 4 Seidio cases, and this is the best IMO.

Upvote 0
I got my black case today. I must say I really like this case. In case anyone wanted to know, the Seidio holster does not fit with the Trident case.

What exact seidio holster are you trying to use with the cyclops?,,,the one that comes withe seidio rugged???? Please explain as there have been Other posters that have clearly stated that the seidio rugged holster does in fact fit the cyclops case.......

Upvote 0
Mine screen looks like your 2Gtalon. Apparently it can be fixed with baby powder, but I'm not about to go & buy baby powder when I plan to get the screen upgrade when it comes out. I tried wiping down the screen & the back of the screen protector to see if it might be from trace amounts of oil, but it didn't fix the problem. There are quite a few posts about this issue on the Trident Facebook page & they act as though they hadn't witnessed this issue. I thought about punching out the screen protector & installing my other Steinheil, but I'm worried that the case might not fit as well then.

Now that I am in bright light, I can clearly see this is going to be an issue. Where did this "oil" come from? Not my fingers. I removed my old screen cover and then put the Trident cover on immediately. At certain angles when reflecting off the light it impairs the screen view.

This case is very nice, but the company needs to do something about this. I am going to contact the manufactuer and if they won't resolve the issue, I am returning the case to Meritline. I am not paying for a "screen upgrade".

Upvote 0
What exact seidio holster are you trying to use with the cyclops?,,,the one that comes withe seidio rugged???? Please explain as there have been Other posters that have clearly stated that the seidio rugged holster does in fact fit the cyclops case.......

Maybe I missed it but I did reread all the posts. I don't see anyone claiming that the holster fit. But the holster I have fits the Innocase Active case Limited Edition and and the regular Innocase Active.

Upvote 0
i have a couple of small spots where there is a rainbow effect; however you only see this when the screen is black, NOT when its "on", so I can live with that..I mean, who cares what it looks like when the screen is off?
and, since they acknowledge this issue, and a screen "upgrade" is coming, its not a deal breaker, by any means..
If it bothers you so much, just push the damn screen protector out, and use one that adheres directly to your phone..I bought this phone for the total protection it offers,,

Upvote 0
biggest problem with this case is it interferes with the proximity sensor. Screen blanks out immeditately during a call and it can't be ended cause the screen is blanked out.

some people on their facebook also had the same complaint. seems like a huge problem.

not very happy with this cause it's a big problem. suggestions ?

Upvote 0
biggest problem with this case is it interferes with the proximity sensor. Screen blanks out immeditately during a call and it can't be ended cause the screen is blanked out.

some people on their facebook also had the same complaint. seems like a huge problem.

not very happy with this cause it's a big problem. suggestions ?

Just curious, what color? I just tested mine blue case and I do not have that issue. Works as expected.

Look at the sensor cutout on your phone, maybe it is blocked. I can see how a large peice of lint or paper from your pocket could get stuck there. Good luck!

Upvote 0
hmmm. the case is white. I bought if for my wife. strange that it would be the color choice but it's always possible.

nothing seems to be blocking the cut out, but it was a good suggestion.

i have a white one as well, and have not had this problem (yet).

i also agree with other posters who are happy with the case except possibly the screen protector. (mine is ok, but i can see beginnings of what folks are complaining about.)

Upvote 0
Well this is possibly turning into a shit storm quickly... I ordered mine from the link OP posted.

I got an e-mail as of yesterday telling me it 'shipped out' (from meritline or whatever).
The tracking code they sent me continues to say, 'There is no record of this item', even today, a day afterwards. Did I get scammed or something? What's up here??

First off, it's been a little over a week since I ordered it... and only yesterday they JUST shipped it? THEN, to throw insult to injury, it's not even in UPS's shipping record??? What the ****'s up here?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones