1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tried Apex, Tried Gummy Jar and Liberty, What's next?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kickenwing13, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kickenwing13

kickenwing13 Member

I tried Apex. Liked a lot of things about it. I noticed my battery life seemed to be a lot better, although this may have been due to not syncing as much? I feel my use was similar though. Apex was just choppy. I don't like choppy. I want the smoothest this phone can offer and so far my favorite has been Gummyjar/ Liberty. Anyone have suggestions for other ROM's? Or should I plan on going back to Liberty

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidukfl

davidukfl Newbie

Fission 2.6.1.
    the latest version is available if you download their rom manager via the donate (you can donate any amount)

Team DeFuse

kickenwing13 likes this.
  3. Steven58

I think Liberty (there's going to be an update this week) and fission are your best bet for light and smooth. ApeX is right up there. If you have AutoKiller, everything's smooth. At least, that's what I experienced. So, it's just you personal preference. :) Enjoy!

kickenwing13 likes this.
  4. kickenwing13

kickenwing13 Member

Thanks il try. Thought the latest liberty was coming very soon

5. Steven58

yw.. Liberty 1.5 is coming out soon. Is that what you meant?

6. northernmoris

northernmoris Android Enthusiast

Try Tranquility 3.7. Personally I have never had any problems with Tranq. I just prefer Liberty.

7. famous.rob

famous.rob Lurker

I liked darkslide 4.2 blurry. Pretty quick and the lockscreen is awesome. No themes really though if your into that.

8. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

Rubix Focused. I've tried every rom out there and always go back to Focused. Drod's mods/tweaks/optimizations are legit.

Coolguy71261 likes this.
  9. dwcasey

dwcasey Well-Known Member

+1 for rubiX Focused 1.9.7

I'm not using any autokillers, task killers, etc. Overclock easy, stable, battery goes forever, no force closes.

I would also recommend rubiX Blurry 1.8 if you like a little Blur in your life.

Coolguy71261 likes this.
  10. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Android Enthusiast

Me too I tried gummyjar, but rubix felt less blur like

11. thehulk20

thehulk20 Member

when u talk about "autokiller" is it the same as task killers?

12. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Android Enthusiast

Liberty is truly not only WAY more user friendly for nubs to customize, but its extremely smooth and battery efficient.

LPP for the launcher with Liberty is beastly.

13. bassett

bassett Newbie

+ Darkslide. Tried them all. This one works best for me top to bottom....best balance of speed, battery life, stability, etc.

14. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Any rom is going to be choppy for awhile. Same thing happens if you delete your cache. It takes several hours of use before you can judge smoothness or speed.

15. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

I liked Apex because it had a lot less 'blur' in it than stock.
    I have been on Rubix Focused and this has virtually no blur making me a happy camper.
    I tried the QuckClock app and it made the phone very unstable so turned that off fairly quick.

I like Android stock, so Rubix is appealing to me.
    That being said, I did like the stock Motorola email client better, since it had push support and the Motorola text messaging bit as well.

Not to mention in my experience this rom is faster than Apex and way faster than stock.

I think us stock Android people are in a minority.. I just don't like a lot of bloat, and even Cyanogen on my Nexus has started to bloat a little.

16. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

QuickClock default settings is often too aggressive for my use. If you add 2 to the lowest vsel it detects and add 2 to the stability buffer, you might appreciate it more. I select the "balanced" profile after it finishes detecting.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews