• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tried CM6 Test 8 Rom... Going back to Stock 2.1!

I missed the whole sense ui..

The weather and clock widget. Favorite widget... Leap Feature rules

My layout just seemed to flow better and vanilla android is just plain to me.

I've tried to use the other programs to change it around and nothing to me compares...

I think I just lucked out though... Rebooted into recovery did Nandroid backup... It took forever, seemed like it kept scrolling through same things and i did battery pull.

Loaded it up though and everything works fine... Screens back to way they were and didnt have to use restore anything.

Back in my comfortable zone I guess. I never used vanilla android before and I think im too use to Sense.

Upvote 0
I ran it for awhile too. The camera fix was nice but it broke again when flashing the new Hydra kernel. Looks to me like they're getting close to a fully functional ROM. I went back to test 7 for now.

Your right it wont work with hydra kernal. I tried that too right after I installled. Hopefully someone can get the hydra kernals working with it. But right now I guess you have to choose between hydra or a working camera.

As far as everything else goes I love this rom. I didn't use any of the sense stuff so I dont miss any of that. The only thing I did like was the clock/weather widget. Beautiful widgets takes the place of it nicely and it is more customizable. There is even a couple different cyanogen mod themes to make the clock match everything.

Upvote 0
Your right it wont work with hydra kernal. I tried that too right after I installled. Hopefully someone can get the hydra kernals working with it. But right now I guess you have to choose between hydra or a working camera.

As far as everything else goes I love this rom. I didn't use any of the sense stuff so I dont miss any of that. The only thing I did like was the clock/weather widget. Beautiful widgets takes the place of it nicely and it is more customizable. There is even a couple different cyanogen mod themes to make the clock match everything.

And if you miss the HTC clock, just google Fancy Widget .apk, it was a clone of it that got pulled from the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones