1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Tried Rooting and want to unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treysbr, Nov 24, 2010.

1. treysbr

treysbr New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I got my Evo a week ago, version 004 with 2.2. Tried rooting and when I looked at the software it was 2.1 and is running a little sluggish. I want to unroot it and just go back to my stock 2.2 but from what I searched on unrooting it would not load on my pc. Is it possible when I unroot I won't get 2.2 back and are their issues with me rooting on a Mac and then having to unroot on a pc? Also I did not do my root with Unrevoked, i did it from android central instructions.

One method of unrooting I tried was to load HTC sync on my pc but it wouldn't load,,,,guess I am just really confused and at a loss on what to do.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I did try to do a search but nothing helped.

Advertisement

2. forte

forte Member

May 22, 2010
    crime fighter
  3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    LOS ANGELES, CA
  4. wrapkgb

Jun 30, 2010
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    The newer phones are rootable but you have to manually push files and d it the hard way. The reason why its so sluggish is because he is on 2.1

5. treysbr

treysbr New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Can I donthe official 3.30 RUU on a Mac or do I need thec

6. wrapkgb

Jun 30, 2010
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Im not sure what you mean by "thec" lol But your going to need to use a windows based CPU since its an exe file.

7. treysbr

treysbr New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Operator error with the on screen keyboard and the auto word correct. I have been doing that a lot lately. Thanks for the help.

Tags: