1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Tried this method?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KarateExplosion6, Sep 10, 2011.

1. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I found this method here: how to root android 2.1 on Samsung Gem - JustAnswer

The question was asked specifically for Verizon's Andoid 2.1 Gem. Has anyone tried this method? Success? Failure?

I would really love to know--my GF absolutely hates her phone so I'd like to get in there, remove a bunch of the Verizon bloatware, upgrade Swype to the newest Beta, and run the V6 Supercharger script. Help is appreciated!

Advertisement

2. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    Yes, I tried this - several times, in fact. I even had a friend remote into my PC and try it as well, thinking maybe I had a typo or something. It doesn't work.

3. llhpanda

llhpanda Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Judging by the driver link, this is most likely a manual rooting method for a Galaxy S device. Probably a Fascinate or Captivate. But I've been searching for a method to root and/or upgrade this for literally days, and I can't find anything yet. Hopefully someone comes up with a permanent root/upgrade method for this device soon. It's painful to use with eclair.

4. KarateExplosion6

KarateExplosion6 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    So far, I've got nothing...

The Verizon version of this phone is virtually useless without having this bloatware removed. Literally, I can install maybe 4 applications before having storage issues. Also, the pre-loaded version of Swype is atrocious. It needs to be removed so that the latest Beta can be installed.

Tags: