1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tried to change number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cherish, May 24, 2011.

1. cherish

cherish Member

I went to change my cell phone number due to certain reason's but once I did that it kept on restarting over and over again. I went to try and reflash it. I didnt work. I was on liberty Gingerbread 0.5. I wiped the partition cache because it wouldnt let me do the facotry/cache wipe on it.Is there anything else I can possibly do?? I refuse to call verizon so that is out of the question.Im getting really frustrated because its not doing what Im asking it to do argh!:mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ugh what

ugh what Member

What? You need to change your number through your carrier. You can't just do it yourself.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

what you need to do is sbf back to 2.3.340 (Froyo)
    call verizon request a number change (from a different device)
    once its done, make a test call to make sure, then reinstall your stuff.

i say sbf just because you dont know if they will need you to bring your phone in, and you should sbf just in case cause it seems like you may have done some things you shouldnt have done

4. cherish

cherish Member

Actually they told me I could go online and do it for free, so that is what I did. I tried to SBF it back to froyo 2.3.340 after I changed my number because it just kept on turning off and on.It just sitting on the liberty rom with the bird just spinning away. I just did a Second sbf and its not going any where....

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Thread moved to root section, as this now involves rooting and SBFing.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

are you sure you are sbfing?? are you wiping data and cache after your pc finishes?

7. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I'm confused too... if you ran an SBF you will have the liberty boot animation till you factory reset (wipe data/cache). Power off the phone... hold down power and home till it boots into a triangle.. then press the search button... use the volume keys to scroll down to data/cache wipe and then use the camera button to select (lightly touch the button, if you do it too hard it will not work, there are two presses with the camera, half and full, use the half press). Then reboot and you should see it all cleared and your normal boot animation.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews