• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tried to root but it's not working

Could take a good twenty/thirty minutes. Usually only takes a few minutes but every now and then you just gotta let it sit... and sit... and sit. Set it to root, go make yourself a sandwich, watch a TV show, and come back and see how it's doing.

If you've left it that long and still nothing, report back, you can try a few other things (uninstall/reinstall/reboot etc.)

Upvote 0
It worked! I am now rooted

Now what? lol I am running a backup with Titanium pro and going to freeze bloatware.

I want to wype battery stats as I have the Gorilla Gagets 3500 and the batter meter has never been accurate. Then I want this puppy to run as smooth and fast as it cant. Not really into custom ROM's yet.

Upvote 0
It worked! I am now rooted

Now what? lol I am running a backup with Titanium pro and going to freeze bloatware.

I want to wype battery stats as I have the Gorilla Gagets 3500 and the batter meter has never been accurate. Then I want this puppy to run as smooth and fast as it cant. Not really into custom ROM's yet.

to calibrate the battery you can go about it two ways...

first you will want to charge to 100%

then you have two choices

1. In Clockwork Recovery you can "wipe battery stats"

or

2. Download an app like BatteryCalibration from the market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones