• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tried to sbf...now in D2 eye loop

Got it all worked out this morning. My tired brain just wasn't working last night. I couldn't remember how to get into recovery and this morning I found it and did a cache/data wipe and it booted up fine.

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else had the same troubles.

Ah I was going tell you stock recovery is what you needed but im glad you figured it out!

Upvote 0
My tired brain was having trouble remembering how to access stock recovery and I wasn't reading what I had on the computer clearly. Within 5 minutes of being awake the next morning I found the info I needed on one of the threads I had pulled up from the night before.

The bad part is all the sleep I lost trying to figure out what I was missing. Lol

Funny how a little bit of sleep helps.

Upvote 0
My tired brain was having trouble remembering how to access stock recovery and I wasn't reading what I had on the computer clearly. Within 5 minutes of being awake the next morning I found the info I needed on one of the threads I had pulled up from the night before.

The bad part is all the sleep I lost trying to figure out what I was missing. Lol

Funny how a little bit of sleep helps.

I have been there - modding something on the droid late and then NEEDING to fix it, cause that is my alarm, haha.

Welcome to the mad rooter club

Upvote 0
This was on XDA, for those that run into this, because I did too. When you get to the Droid Eye and it boot loops and RSD says "Please manually reboot your phone" do the following:

1. Disconnect your phone
2. Turn off your phone (you'll probably have to pull the battery)
3. Hold down up on the keyboard
4. Turn on the phone while continuing to hold up
5. Connect your phone again. RSDLite should say "PASS"
6. Disconnect your phone
7. Turn off your phone
8. Hold down X on the keyboard
9. Turn on your phone while continuing to hold X
10. When you get the Android guy with a '?' in a triangle push the search button on the keyboard
11. Select both 'wipe cache' and 'wipe data' from the menu.
12. Reboot your phone

It should be noted that I didn't have a ? but a ! in the triangle, but I had no issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones