1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

tried to update my Samsung Galaxy S3 and screwed up the phone need help

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a At&t Samsung Galaxy SIII its unlocked and the model number is an SGH-i747m I just wanted to update the firmware to the newest update but I failed. What i did first was I started up Odin and put the phone in Odin mode (hold power+volume down + home button) then I pushed the volume button up and selected a i9300 update which failed it did not go through ( I found out this is not even the correct update for my phone). Then I wanted to restore the phone its factory settings because I kept getting notified that the firmware did not update to connect to Kies but kies will not recover the phone. It asks me for a recovery code from the other PC but I never did any sort of thing on another computer. I don't know how to get my phone back the Samsung opening will come on but will turn off right after. Im so frustrated I just do know what else I can do to save my phone can anyone help me. And my level of flashing a phone and stuff and putting a new update to a phone this is the first time doing this so I really dont know what the heck im doing can anyone help me out, thanks.

Phone specs:
    Model:SGH-i747m
    S/N: R21C64A1SYJ

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi and Welcome

That's not good. You tried to install a rom meant for a different device. You may have written it off - but maybe not!

Suggest you try looking at this

[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

It probably seems complicated but it is necessary to understand what you are doing. This toolkit will guide you through most of the possible actions. I also suggest you register on the forums and ask for help in the s3 all things root forum where someone will be able to have a 2 way discussion with you.

Good luck

Roger

scary alien likes this.